Sunday 3 July 2011

Welcome to my first post!

Hello darlings and welcome to my blog site,

Chances are you will have come across this blog as a result visiting my stall "Frejya" at the SMASH convention, 2011, held at the Sydney Convention Centre.

First, thank you all for taking the time to have a browse on my website, I hope it is to your liking (and if you bought a headdress from me, I hope you will treasure it)

A bit about me:

Designing and making gothic lolita headdresses is a recent hobby for me, having been inspired by a good friend of mine who makes beautiful gothic clothing, and it is from her that I purchased my first black gothic lolita headdress. There is something truly mysterious yet elegant in the gothic lolita style which has drawn me to this fascinating form of fashion.

I learnt how to make headdresses from scratch a few years ago, back in the days when I was part of the University of Sydney's anime club in 2007 and 2008. I had used a Japanese craft book as well as my first headdress as a references, and from there I've developed my own interpretation of the design.

All my elegant and goth-punk headdresses are designed by me and handmade right here in Sydney from locally and internationally sourced materials. My sewing isn't quite skilled enough for proper clothing, but I hope to start making clothing and costumes once I get a bit more time from work to practice.

I also enjoy making cute accessories made from felt, which I hope to upload some pictures for your enjoyment.

Maybe I shall see you the next time at a stall or convention, and would love to hear from you otherwise!

Yours faithfully,
Frejya

PS-  my heartfelt thanks go to KazamiN for the lovely design of this website and the mascot <3

No comments:

Post a Comment